The Walkablock Club
Monthly Fitness Articles
|HOME||SELF QUIZ||THEORY&PRACTICE||MEMBERSHIP||FEEDBACK||CONTACT US||HEALTH INFO.||INSPIRED?|
"Your Healthy Colon
You can visit James at:
|It amazes me how most
people focus on the wrong things
when they decide
to try to achieve their fitness goals.|
People tend to focus on how they want their body to look on the outside instead of what is most important.(their internal health ie. organs) Let me give you some statistics that might change how you approach your nutrition and your health and wellness program.
Statistics show that over 70 million Americans suffer from bowel problems, colon cancer kills approximately 100,000 Americans every year.
The average person carries around as much as 10 lbs of un-eliminated feces in their bowels.
Another scary fact is that people have been known to hold on to things that they've eaten for over 30 years in their colon, nearly every man, woman and child livng in the modern society today is constipated, even though the bowels may move regularly ever day. The one statistic that jumps out to me, according to Bernard Jensen D.C, is the indisputable fact that
ILLNESS, OLD AGE, AND EVEN DEATH ARE DUE TO THE ACCUMULATION OF WASTE PRODUCTS WITHIN THE BODY.
I hope this scares you like it scares me. I have some healthy solutions to create a healthier colon.
1. Drink 8 to 12 glasses per day of the best water you can get, herbal tea, and or fresh juices.
2. A diet high in fiber
3. Eliminate extrinsic poisons such as sugar, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, choclate and preservatives. They all leach vital nutrients from your body.
4. Eat more raw vegetables and fewer processed foods.
5. Avoid Dairy products.
6. Don't over eat. Chew your food slowly and Thoroughly.
7. Eliminate or reduce the intake of antibiotics and medicines. They disrupt the balance of required bacteria in the colon.
8. Create a stress reduced environment. (Control your state of mind and don't allow yourself to go in to overwhelm)
9. EXERCISE WITH WALKING/RESISTANCE TRAINING
10. When nature calls, answer!!!!! Don't wait or put it off. Your system needs a break in order to eliminate toxins and wastes from it's cells and tissues.
As I said in one of my past articles your body is only as healthy as the cells and the organs in your body.
It is my hope that you all see the crucial importance of your health and understand it starts with your colon.